Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 5850 Event: Laporte Festival
Application Date: 04/07/2021 Event Date: 07/31/2021
Organization: Lapore Festival Phone:
Address: P.O. Box 369, Laporte, CO 80535
Event InformationPermit Type(s): Private Land
3520 WCR 54G, Laporte, CO 80535, parcel #9829403001
This is a community event that will host musicians, craft vendors, food vendors and community outreach participants,. with activities throughout the day for children and adults alike..
Estimated Participants: 500 Estimated Spectators: 0
Food / Alcohol:
Food is being served: VENDOR
Alcohol is NOT being Served
Sat. 07/31/2021: 10 AM - 6 PM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 06/28/2021
Letter of approval from land owner for both event and liquor (malted beverages).
2. Date Submitted: 06/28/2021
This is layout for Fire Department and Planning of proposed site
3. Date Submitted: 06/28/2021
This is the proposed site layout for both Poudre Fire district and Planning
4. Date Submitted: 06/30/2021
insurance binder for festival
5. Date Submitted: 06/30/2021
These two documents are for planning. I am sure they will advise as necessary any additional information.
6. Date Submitted: 06/30/2021
Written description of Laporte Festival event
7. Date Submitted: 06/30/2021
Powerpoint sketches of site and surrounding area for Laporte Festival
8. Date Submitted: 06/30/2021
written description of event, location and other information planning requested.
9. Date Submitted: 07/01/2021
responses for additional information request
10. Date Submitted: 07/06/2021
COI for county
11. Date Submitted: 07/06/2021
12. Date Submitted: 07/06/2021
13. Date Submitted: 07/07/2021
Here is the permits for the Laporte Festival to use the parking lots at Cache La Poudre Elementary and Middle School for this event.
14. Date Submitted: 07/13/2021
The copy of an email that should confirm that we have been in contact with the District Wildlife Manager, have come up with a plan, contacted GSI sanitation to implement such plan and hopeful that this is enough so that the CDOW can put their stamp of approval on this permit.
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.
Status: ApprovedComments: 7/6/21 Update: Remaining information has been provided. Stage not rated to site design wind speed. Wind safety plan has triggers at 20 and 25 mph. For this to work, there must be an anemometer and someone monitoring it, to set the safety plan in motion if winds reach 25 mph.
6/30/21: Some additional information has been provided, but since this is new information with no dimensions provided on the sketch as requested, there are still unanswered questions:
1) what is the size of the stage? Is it rented or site-built? What is the design live load and wind load the stage can handle? The events company (for rented stages) should be able to provide this data. If site-built, your engineer should provide the data, or I need framing plans.
2) Are any of the fences over 6' high?
3) Are any of the tents over 400 sq. ft.? They may need a Fire Dept. permit.
4) How many handicap accessible parking spaces are there? What are their dimensions? What is the surface of the parking space, access aisle and accessible path to the rest of the site? Will there be adequate signage for accessible parking and portapotties?
Status: ApprovedComments: Are there any attachments? Any anticipated traffic control/signage on the state highway system?
Status: ApprovedComments: Still waiting on information Planning asked for to make a determination.
Colorado Division of Wildlife
Status: ApprovedComments: At that time of year, in that area, there is always a potential for conflicts with bears. Do you have a plan in place to reduce the potential for bear conflicts, especially in terms of securing trash and food? I would request that you work with the local District Wildlife Manager to help develop a mitigation plan for bears.
Applicant did reach out to Local DWM about implementing a bear mitigation plan since garbage will be left onsite until Monday morning. We are approving the application based on the stipulation that the applicant will secure all trash in bear proof containers until picked up.
County Clerk and Recorder
Status: ApprovedComments: Special Event Liquor License has been received and processed.
Touching base with the applicant as last correspondence indicated there will be alcohol sold over email. If that is still the case we need the application submitted no less thank 30 days prior to your event.
We have received notice of your Land Use special event permit application. You have indicated via email that you intend to serve alcohol at your event. A special event liquor permit application must be submitted to the Clerk and Recorder’s Office no less than 30 days prior to your event. The application and requirements may be found at https://www.larimer.org/clerk/recording/liquor/special-events. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Status: ApprovedComments: There are currently no local public health orders related to COVID-19 and Special Events. Please follow Larimer County's Coronavirus website for the latest information and any new public health orders at the time of the event:
Event coordinators may implement their own policies so long as they are meeting the minimum requirements set forth by the state of Colorado. If you have questions, please contact our Joint Information Center:
=970-498-5500 (open Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm); or,
=text questions: 970-999-1770
=email questions: email@example.com
The event description indicated that the previous event had an estimated 500 attendees, and the event this year is capable of having even more. For the safety of the event guests, we would advise the following:
1. It is understood that potable water is not provided for vendors, but information for water for guests was not provided. It is the responsibility of the event coordinator to ensure potable/treated water is available on-site for attendees. this may be achieved by water bottle filling stations or drinking fountains supplied by the sanitation or a water hauling company; commercial bottled water for free or purchase; or from approved clean and sanitized dispensers such as hard-sided beverage dispensing coolers or kegs of potable water that are refilled throughout the day.
2. Larimer County Special Event regulations require certified emergency medical technicians and one emergency ambulance provided for special events with 500 persons. An enclosed structure where treatment may be rendered shall also be provided. =Please note that this is is a requirement for events of 500 people at one time. It is still strongly recommended for this event to have a first-aid/CPR medical trained person on-site such as an EMT at a tent site that can assist in the event of minor medical situations such as dehydration, incidents of falling, cuts/burns/scrapes, etc. Communication in this area shall allow for the use of cell phones to call 911 in the event of serious emergency.
3. For events of 500 persons for 6-7 hours the minimum restroom count is 6-8, but with alcohol served, there is a 20% increase for restrooms. At a minimum the event should provide 8 portable restrooms.
4. The mobile food vendors shall hold a 2021 Colorado Retail Food license. Other food vendors operating from tents and preparing food onsite shall hold a 2021 Larimer County Event Vendor license. Applications are available on our website: https://www.larimer.org/health/safety-sanitation-programs/food-safety-program/license-plan-review-information/temporary
Larimer County Emergency Management
Status: ApprovedComments: Please provide information as indicated by CDOT and Poudre Fire Authority.
Status: ApprovedComments: Please provide additional information to more fully communicate the proposed event's compliance with County Special Event Regulations, specifically:
A written description indicating: the type of event, the event sponsor(s), the location of the event, a list of all roads affected, the duration of the event, the hours of operation, the expected water requirements (including the source and supply of water), the number of employees/volunteers, the number and location of toilets, the maximum number of persons that will be permitted to attend at any single time, the methods applicant will use to ensure the maximum number of allowed attendees at any single time is not exceeded, food or alcoholic beverages to be served (if alcohol is served a separate liquor license permit application is required), temporary structures or fences proposed, the anticipated parking needs and how the need is to be addressed, a statement of expected impacts to the subject land and surrounding properties, and a statement describing how impacts on surrounding properties will be minimized.
A sketch with dimensions, showing all of the following: existing and proposed buildings, internal streets on the event site, adjacent off-site streets, property lines on the proposed site and on abutting properties, the location of the event, the location of proposed structures (including restrooms, storage bins, trash receptacles, temporary buildings, etc.), the location of traffic controls proposed (including road barriers, detour signs, traffic control lights, traffic personnel, etc.), access to/from the site, parking areas (showing access, number of parking spaces, parking barriers, surfacing, etc.), and activity areas (e.g., parking areas, food and beverage areas, seating, etc.).
Poudre Fire Authority
Status: ApprovedComments: Please provide site map including any fenced areas and temporary (tents) structures over 400 sqft. and fire department access roads into the event.
Occupant load of 1-500 requires 2 exits from a fenced event.
Status: ApprovedComments: Thank you.
Road & Bridge
Status: ApprovedComments: No Conflicts
Status: APPROVEDGood Morning Linda,
Congratulations! Your special event permit application has been approved.
Please print the permit and have it available for the duration of the event.
Your approved event shall comply with all Center for Disease Control, State of Colorado and Larimer County Health Department guidelines and rules for social distancing and maximum crowd size that are in place at the time of the event.
Have fun and much success!