Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 5842 Event: Paddler's Pub
Application Date: 03/29/2021 Event Date: 07/09/2021 Thru: 07/18/2021
Organization: brad Modesitt Phone:
Event InformationPermit Type(s): Private Land
We would like to run our business as we have for the last nine years. Having music on weekends has been very popular for our local rafting guests and the surrounding neighborhood. Many locals book their trip with the plan to stay afterwards and listen to music. These musical performances are free and open to the public which the local neighborhoods love. We are trying to improve the designated blight zone in this area and the residents applaud those efforts. We would like to have music on Friday 6-10, Saturday 5-9 and Sunday 3-7pm. With 12.77 acres of commercial land it is easy to conform to the noise code.
1. No roads will be affected
2. No special water requirements will be needed
3. The number of employees will remain the same as for regular operations of the business
4. 500 people max will be allowed
5. Alcohol will be served and we have a valid Beer and Wine license
6. No temporary structures will be added for the events
7. No surrounding lands or properties will be impacted
8. The event will be run exactly as the rafting and pub have been for years
9. 6 port o potties will supplement the existing bathrooms
10. No special signage is necessary
11. I am the property owner and agree to let Mountain Whitewater and Paddler’s Pub to use the property.
The remaining dates and times are the same as the other Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Estimated Participants: 10 Estimated Spectators: 500
Food / Alcohol:
Food is NOT being Served.
Alcohol is NOT being Served
Fri. 07/09/2021: 11 AM - 11 PM
Sat. 07/10/2021: 11 AM - 11 PM
Sun. 07/11/2021: 11 AM - 11 PM
Mon. 07/12/2021: 11 AM - 11 PM
Tue. 07/13/2021: 11 AM - 11 PM
Wed. 07/14/2021: 11 AM - 11 PM
Thu. 07/15/2021: 11 AM - 11 PM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 03/29/2021
Food is being served through food trucks.
Alcohol is being served with our existing beer and wine license
2. Date Submitted: 04/23/2021
renewed insurance is attached
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.
Status: ApprovedComments: The "existing" bathrooms in the former home were never approved for commercial use, nor has any portion of the home been approved for change of occupancy to commercial. The use of these bathrooms or any portion of existing buildings for commercial events is NOT APPROVED. Sufficient temporary facilities must be provided for all event-goers without counting these bathrooms. At least one porta-potty must be handicap-accessible.
Colorado State Patrol
County Clerk and Recorder
Status: ApprovedComments: This entity is not a non-profit organization, therefore, does not qualify to apply for a Special Event Liquor Permit.
You must operate under the restrictions of the license you currently hold. (type of alcohol and approved licensed area on file) If you are asking for any changes in regards to your licensed premise or adding an optional premise you will need to complete form DR 8442 (Permit application and report of changes) which can be found on the state site here: https://sbg.colorado.gov/sites/sbg/files/DR%208442%20%28Old-back%20up%209.28.20%29.pdf
Status: ApprovedComments: In regards to COVID restrictions, Larimer County is aligned with statewide Colorado public health orders and recommendations. There are currently no local public health orders related to COVID-19 and special events. Businesses may implement their own policies so long as they are meeting the minimum requirements set forth by the state of Colorado. If you have questions for the COVID operations, please contact the Joint Information Center:
=970-498-5500 (open Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm); or,
=text questions: 970-999-1770
=email questions: email@example.com
1. Per discussions in the past with the owners of the property, the residence on-site with restrooms is not approved for public access. It was also noted that the chief building official reiterated this in their permit comments indicating that the restrooms may not be used for public access. As part of this Special Event Permit, the applicant is allowed to use portable restrooms. Per the County Special Events portable restroom chart, 500 people events serving alcohol for 8-12 hours shall provide 10 portable restrooms with the lack of other restrooms. Each portable restroom shall be provided with hand sanitizer.
2. A minimum of two handwashing stations shall also be provided that are stocked with warm water, hand soap and paper towel.
3. Covered trash receptacles shall be provided throughout the event site, including at the restroom areas.
4. As in the past, only limited beverage service is allowed without a Retail Food License. Alcohol, as well as nonalcoholic beverages may be served in cans, bottles or dispensed into disposable cups from a keg, bottle, etc.
5. It was noted that a food vendor will be on-site. Food vendors shall have a 2021 Colorado Retail Food Establishment License to operate at the events. Vendors can reach out the Health Department to receive a current 2021 license.
6. The Larimer County Noise Ordinance will apply. A maximum of 50 decibels is allowed from 7pm to 7am at the event site property lines.
7. Dust shall be controlled so that is does not transport off site.
8. Potable water shall be made available to event guests by drinking fountains, potable water taps, commercial bottled water, or from clean and sanitized food-grade beverage dispensing containers. Drinking water must come from an approved, treated public water supply.
Larimer County Emergency Management
Poudre Fire Authority
Status: ApprovedComments: Tents over 400 square feet and canopies over 700 square feet require a permit. Please visit:
Poudre Valley Hospital
Status: ApprovedComments: Thank you
Status: APPROVEDGood morning and Congratulations!
Your special event application has been APPROVED.
Please print the permit and have it available for the duration of your event.
I hope your event runs smoothly!!