Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 5814 Event: Horsetooth Swim Races
Application Date: 01/11/2021 Event Date: 09/12/2021
Organization: Horsetooth Swim Committee Phone:
Event InformationPermit Type(s): Parks and Open Spaces
Type of Event: Other
The Horsetooth Swim Races have been held since 1999 with the exception of 2020. The race proceeds go to identified non profits
The 10 K race starts at Satanka Cove and ends at the South Bay Pavilion. Each swimmer is accompanied by a kayak support. 10k Racers are capped at 100 participants. Swimmers and kayaks park offsite and are bused to and from the start/finish of the race.
2.4 mi, 1.2 mi and a 1000m kids races are held at the South Bay. All staging of events and safety access to the water are at the South Bay boat ramp and pavilion. Participants in these races will park at South Bay. We will have volunteers conducting the parking according to directions from the Horsetooth Reservoir manager.
We will need to reserve the South Bay Pavilion and parking for the duration of the event and have access to the boat ramps and boat inspectors available by 5 am. We understand that this will incur additional fees to pay for boat inspectors to be onsite early.
There are well developed safety protocols detailed in the attached safety plans. Plans will be attached at a later date. We conduct a safety meeting with all safety personel at the South Bay Pavilion the Thursday before the race (9/16) and would appreciate a ranger to be present.
Due to Covid, we have developed a contingency plan in case we need to cancel the race again in 2021. We ask that fees and the insurance certificate are provided after we have been able to register participants.
Estimated Participants: 300 Estimated Spectators: 100
Food / Alcohol:
Food is NOT being Served.
Alcohol is NOT being Served
Sun. 09/12/2021: 6 AM - 2 PM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 04/13/2021
Safety Plan for the Horsetooth Swim Races 2021
2. Date Submitted: 04/13/2021
The Horsetooth Swim Races are a non-profit benefiting selected charities.
Attached is the Paddler's map which details the 10K swim course
3. Date Submitted: 04/14/2021
Additional documentation attached:
Also update Contact person #2 information:
4. Date Submitted: 04/14/2021
Insurance certificate attached
Update Contact Person #2
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.
Status: Not Reviewed YetComments:
Larimer County Emergency Management
Parks & Open Lands
Status: More Information NeededComments: Sent fee worksheet for signature and payment - JW 4/13
Poudre Fire Authority
Poudre Valley Hospital
Status: More Information NeededComments: 4/16/21
The Certificate of insurance that was provided for Special Event 5814 cannot be accepted for the following reasons:
- Larimer County is not listed as Additionally Insured under the General Liability coverage,
- Larimer County is not listed as the Certificate Holder.
Please provide an updated certificate of insurance at your earliest convenience.
1. A certificate of insurance with general liability limits no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence / $2,000,000 general aggregate. The certificate of insurance must name Larimer County as certificate holder (Larimer County Risk Management 200 W Oak St Suite 4000 Fort Collins, CO 80525) and list Larimer County as additional insured. Please note that Larimer County does not accept additional insured language that limits additional insured status to that which is “required by contract”, however, "by agreement" is an acceptable addition.
2. A copy of the participant waiver.
Status: Not Reviewed YetComments: