Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 5769 Event: Outlaws motorplex
Application Date: 07/12/2020 Event Date: 09/11/2020 Thru: 09/13/2020
Event InformationPermit Type(s): Private Land
Parcel#8907000004 address is 1601 e cr 72 Wellington
We are drag racing in two mud pits with 4x4 trucks
Estimated Participants: 50 Estimated Spectators: 150
Food / Alcohol:
Food is NOT being Served.
Alcohol is NOT being Served
Fri. 09/11/2020: 9 AM - 6 PM
Sat. 09/12/2020: 9 AM - 6 PM
Sun. 09/13/2020: 9 AM - 6 PM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 08/05/2020
Kathy ansted is my sister in law and Julie waters is my wife these two are the property owners and have given me permission to use the land. Centineal livestock in fort Collins is allowing me to use their bleachers for the event.we will have Porta pottys as well as a first aid station.we may have a food vendor as well now.the two buildings are just storage building and no public is allowed in them just staff.thank you
2. Date Submitted: 08/07/2020
Risk management insurance policy
Outlaws mud drags
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.
Status: ApprovedComments: 8/4/20 - E-mail sent to applicant. Application is missing a lot of information, but portion of site plan attached shows several buildings and a "grand"(stand?). There are no permits of record for a grandstand or any buildings approved for assembly uses. Permits will be needed for a grandstand, temporary structures or converting barns/sheds/utility buildings to assembly uses.
8/5/20 - Additional info posted, and talked by phone to applicant. I was told only staff will go into the small sheds, not the public. "Grandstand" to be temporary bleachers rented from Centennial Livestock Auctions. At least one portapotty must be handicap accessible. On this basis, I approve.
Follow all Health Dept. regulations on food preparation and service, number of portapotties needed per crowd size, and COVID-19 social distancing, masks and public health.
Colorado Division of Wildlife
Status: Not Reviewed YetComments:
Status: ApprovedComments: 1. It was noted that a food vendor will be on-site. Only licensed food vendors may operate at special events. Please ensue that the food vendor(s) possess a 2020 Colorado Retail Food License. It is recommended that food trucks or push carts be used at the site, but if tent set ups are used by the vendor, there may be special fire department requirements.
2. Larimer County Noise Ordinance will apply. A maximum of 55 decibels is allowed from 7am to 7pm to the property lines of the event site. It is strongly recommended that neighbors be notified of the event. Complaints regarding noise shall be directed to the county sheriff department.
3. Dust shall be controlled so that is does not transport off site. Please apply water or other dust suppressant on roadways, parking lots, walkways, and other exposed soil areas. Speed limit signs of 15 mph should also be posted to keep dust form traffic at a minimum.
4. Potable water shall be made available to event guests by drinking fountains, potable water taps, commercial bottled water, or from clean and sanitized food-grade beverage dispensing containers. Drinking water must come from an approved, treated public water supply. No well water.
5. To support 200 people for 9 hours, Special Event Guidelines recommend 6 portable restrooms. Restrooms shall be accessible for pumper trucks to service on a daily basis.
6. A minimum of 2 handwashing stations with dispensed handsoap and paper towels shall be provided for the restroom area. We would also strongly recommend handsanitizer if not already provided by te portable rental company,.
7. Trash cans shall also be available in the area of the restrooms to prevent miscellaneous items being disposed in the portable restroom holding tanks.
8. Please note that in addition to this Larimer County Health Department review for the Special Event Application, the Event Coordinator shall also submit an online application for COVID-specific operations with the Larimer County Health Department's Emergency Operations Center (EOC). The EOC is a separate Department that has been activated for COVID-specific needs, including review of events during Public Health Orders that limit gathering. A COVID-plan approval is required to ensure the event is allowed to occur under current Public Health Orders, and ensure proper COVID safety precautions.
Please complete the appropriate event venue application found on our COVID information webpage to submit for your event’s COVID-operations plan:
If you have questions for the COVID-plan review process, please call the EOC's Joint Information Center: 970-498-5500 (open Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm); or,
Text questions: 970-999-1770
Larimer County Emergency Management
Status: ApprovedComments: This approval is contingent upon public health orders in place at the time of this event. It is likely that mass gatherings will still be restricted in September and social distancing / mask requirements will be required. Please follow up with Public Health to ensure this event meets the county requirements for COVID-19 safety.
Status: ApprovedComments: The property is zoned O-Open and E CR 72 is classified as a Minor Collector.
All temporary structures including bleachers and portable toilets should be located at least 25-feet from all property lines and 70-feet from the centerline of the right-of-way of CR 72.
The northeast corner of the property is adjacent to or slightly within a FEMA designated floodplain.Based on the submitted site plan it appears that the event will be outside of this area.
The North Poudre Canal crosses the property in the southwest corner. Staff does not anticipate any negative impacts to the ditch as the event is located in the northeast corner of the property a considerable distance from the ditch.
Newly disturbed areas should be re-vegetated to prevent erosion and noxious weeds.
The event will comply with all Center for Disease Control and State of Colorado guidelines and rules for social distancing and maximum crowd size that are in place at the time of the event.
Poudre Valley Hospital
Status: ApprovedComments: Thank you.
Status: ApprovedComments: Please make sure to keep traffic moving on the main roads during ingress and egress. Also please ensure that a lot of mud is not being drug out on the main roads. It is your responsibility to follow all the health orders.
Status: ApprovedComments: Approval can not be give until application is review and approved.
Wellington Fire has met with the applicant and discussed Emergence Medical and Fire requirements.
Wellington Fire has received the application. 8/10/2020.
Wellington Fire Special event application approved and the permit is pending payment. Applicant is responsible to pay any fees to the Wellington Fire Protection District before the applicant can receive their permit 8.14.2020.
Status: APPROVEDHI Daniel,
Congratulations! Your special event permit application has been approved.
Please make sure that you contact the Larimer County Department of Health regarding COVID guidelines and noise regulations.
"Your approved event shall comply with all Center for Disease Control, State of Colorado and Larimer County Health Department guidelines and rules for social distancing and maximum crowd size that are in place at the time of the event"