Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 5734 Event: Paddler's Pub
Application Date: 03/06/2020 Event Date: 06/05/2020 Thru: 06/14/2020
Organization: Mountain Whitewater Phone: 970-419-0917
Address: 1329 N. U.S. Highway 287
Event InformationPermit Type(s): Private Land
Parcel Number : 9834110701
1329 N US Highway 287
We would like to run our business as we have for the last nine years. Having music on weekends has been very popular for our local rafting guests and the surrounding neighborhood. Many locals book their trip with the plan to stay afterwards and listen to music. These musical performances are free and open to the public which the local neighborhoods love. We are trying to improve the designated blight zone in this area and the residents applaud those efforts. We would like to have music on Friday 6-10, Saturday 5-9 and Sunday 3-7pm. With 12.77 acres of commercial land it is easy to conform to the noise code.
1. No roads will be affected
2. No special water requirements will be needed
3. The number of employees will remain the same as for regular operations of the business
4. 500 people max will be allowed
5. Alcohol will be served and we have a valid Beer and Wine license
6. No temporary structures will be added for the events
7. No surrounding lands or properties will be impacted
8. The event will be run exactly as the rafting and pub have been for years
9. 6 port o potties will supplement the existing bathrooms
10. No special signage is necessary
11. I am the property owner and agree to let Mountain Whitewater and Paddler’s Pub to use the property.
The remaining dates and times are the same as the other Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Estimated Participants: 500 Estimated Spectators: 0
Estimated Participants: 500 Estimated Spectators: 0
Food / Alcohol:
Food is being served: VENDOR
Alcohol IS being served.
Fri. 06/12/2020: 11 AM - 10 PM
Sat. 06/13/2020: 11 AM - 10 PM
Sun. 06/14/2020: 11 AM - 10 PM
Mon. 06/15/2020: 11 AM - 10 PM
Tue. 06/16/2020: 11 AM - 10 PM
Wed. 06/17/2020: 11 AM - 10 PM
Thu. 06/18/2020: 11 AM - 10 PM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 03/23/2020
updated liability information. The policy does not renew until 4-22-20 at which point the new policy can be forwarded to you.
2. Date Submitted: 04/22/2020
Our renewed insurance is attached
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.
Status: ApprovedComments: Although the rafting business and pub have operated on this site for years, they have never obtained the required building permits and Certificates of Occupancy, despite many discussions between county staff and owners over the requirements to fully legalize this operation.
Since the home does not meet the requirements of a commercial building and commercial bathroom, it may not be used as part of this Special Event. At least one of the portapotties provided for sanitation purpose must be handicap accessible.
Stages/platforms should be designed for a minimum 100 psf live load and a 131 mph Ultimate Design Wind Speed.
Tents require review and approval by Poudre Fire Authority.
Approval may not be granted for future Special Events if applicants fail to obtain building permits as needed.
Colorado Division of Wildlife
Colorado State Patrol
County Clerk and Recorder
Status: ApprovedComments: If alcohol is ONLY being stored, sold, and consumed within the currently liquor licensed premise and in a way inclusive of the license held, no County Special Event Liquor Permit is required.
Status: ApprovedComments: Larimer County is still in a pandemic response and Public Health Orders are changing frequently and unknown for Summer 2020. At this time, Public Health Orders for Safer at Home prohibit events of 10 or more people, require face coverings and physical distancing of 6 feet. Food and beverage operations are also not allowed to be open for on-site consumption. If event attendance restrictions are modified by June, be advised that there may also be additional requirements for face coverings, physical distancing, and beverage service.
Please continue to monitor Larimer County's COVID-19 response website for local restrictions that may differ from the Governor and Colorado Department of Public Health. Websites for the latest information on community events, face coverings, and physical distancing are provided below.
Larimer County COVID-19 response:
If there are questions about COVID-19 and Public Health Orders, please contact the Joint Information Center:
Call with questions: 970-498-5500
Text questions: 970-999-1770
We will do our best to respond within 4 hours during the day.
Open Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
If you are interested in receiving the latest information related to COVID-19 in Larimer County, text the word COVID19LC to 888777.
Colorado COVID-19 updates:
1. Under a special event permit from the County, the applicant would be allowed to utilize portable restrooms. For the proposed 250-500 people with alcohol service, for 11 hours (11am – 10pm), a minimum of 10 portable restroom would be required. As stated by the Building Department, the home bathroom facilities can no longer be used to supplement the portable restroom requirements for the event.
2. At least one of the 10 portable restrooms shall be of accessible/enhanced access design.
3. A minimum of two hand wash stations with soap, paper towels and trash receptacles, shall be provided with the portable restrooms.
4. Covered trash receptacles shall be provided throughout the event site.
5. As in the past, only limited beverage service is allowed without a Retail Food License. Beer and wine, as well as nonalcoholic beverages may be served in cans, bottles or dispensed into disposable cups from a keg, bottle, etc.
6. It was noted that a food vendor will be on-site. Please ensure that food vendors are only in the form of a mobile food truck or a push cart/pull trailer and possess a 2020 Colorado Retail Food License.
7. The pub will also offer light snacks. As indicated during previous health dept interactions, only commercially prepared, nonpotentially hazardous/shelf-stable, individually packaged items (candy bars, chips, pretzels, nuts, jerky, etc) that are shelf-stable (refrigeration not required) may be sold. Patrons may order take out/delivery from other retail food establishments if the owner allows outside food.
8. The grills on-site shall only be for customers' private use.
9. Larimer County Noise Ordinance will apply. A maximum of 50 decibels is the maximum from 7pm to 7am at the event site property lines. The event coordinator shall mitigate noise to ensure that decibels do not exceed the limit.
10. Dust shall be controlled so that is does not transport off site.
11. Potable water shall be made available to event guests by drinking fountains, potable water taps, commercial bottled water, or from clean and sanitized food-grade beverage dispensing containers. Drinking water must come from an approved, treated public water supply.
Larimer County Emergency Management
Status: ApprovedComments: Approval is contingent upon the current COVID-19 Pandemic and its status at this time.
Status: ApprovedComments: This is a request for a 7 day event in June 2020. There shall be no more than three special events allowed on a property in a calendar year. The combined number of days that special events can occur on a property cannot exceed 30 days in any 12 month period.There shall be no more than one special event allowed on a property in a calendar month.
The property is zoned FA-Farming:
The required setbacks for this zone district are 25-feet from the front (street/road), however since this property fronts on Hwy 287, the required setback for structures is 100-feet from the right-of-way centerline. The side setback is 5-feet and the rear setback is 10-feet. All temporary structures including port o potties should meet these setbacks.
The Little Cache La Poudre Ditch runs through the property along the northeast side. No temporary structures should be located within any ditch easements.
Larimer County mapping shows Class 4 wetlands on most of the property. Best management practices should be used to mitigate negative impacts to wetlands.
The property is not located within a FEMA designated floodplain.
The maximum number pf participants is noted as 500 max. For future, pslease note the approximate number of parking spaces in the dirt/gravel overflow parking area and other parking areas on-site.
Any disturbed areas, such as the overflow parking area, should be re-vegetated with native grass to prevent noxious weeds and erosion.
The event will comply with all Center for Disease and State guidelines for social distancing and maximum crowd size that are in place at the time of the event.
Poudre Fire Authority
Status: ApprovedComments: Requirements for the tent and any hot food vendors/food trucks will be sent via email.
Poudre Valley Hospital
Status: APPROVEDBen and Brad,
Your special event application has been approved. Make sure to print the permits and have them available for the duration of the event.
"Your approved event shall comply with applicable Larimer County Health Department COVID-19-related orders for social distancing and crowd gatherings that are in place at the time of the event."