Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 5647 Event: When worlds Collide Faire
Application Date: 08/18/2019 Event Date: 10/19/2019 Thru: 10/20/2019
Event InformationPermit Type(s): Private Land
When Worlds Collide – World’s Faire is more than a convention, beyond a festival, and is new experience for fandoms. Our question is not “why” but “why not?” When Worlds Collide is an event that brings together the tales of the renaissance, the art of cosplay, the adventures of science fiction, the magic of sorcery, and the power of steam in one outdoor location for a weekend of fun. The weekend of 19th & 20th 2019
To include staged combat, musicians, food, drink, including alcohol, vendors,
County road 15 should be the only road affected by the event and flow will only be slowed at the beginning and end of event.
We will use traffic spotters to aid in smooth operation. Potable water for 300 people per (drinking only) and for the 1 food vendor. Additional water will be used post event to re-establish vegetation and control dust. Water is provided by city tab (ELCO water). We have 5 regular and 1 handicapped toilet as well as 2 wash stations. There will be a maximum number of 50 vendors, performers, volunteers, EMS and security. No more than 250 spectators per day. That is the number of tickets we have printed and all attendees will be marked. Parking is in a 6 acre pasture monitored by a parking attendant at all times. The neighbors should only be affected by some noise that will be minimized by location. All neighbors will be notified and concerns addressed as well as given tickets to attend. One sign will be placed near the road.
Estimated Participants: 50 Estimated Spectators: 250
Food / Alcohol:
Food is being served: VENDOR
Alcohol IS being served.
Sat. 10/19/2019: 10 AM - 8 PM
Sun. 10/20/2019: 10 AM - 5 PM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 08/27/2019
The “stage” is a sand arena. No platform or raised areas.
2. Date Submitted: 08/28/2019
The “stage” is a sand arena. No platform or raised areas.
3. Date Submitted: 10/18/2019
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.
Status: ApprovedComments: Your site plan shows a "stage" area. Stages must be designed to accommodate a live load of 100 pounds per square foot. If there are any walls or vertical elements to the stage, they must be designed to resist Ultimate Design Wind Speeds of 123 miles per hour. Please have your architect, engineer or equipment rental company verify the stage is designed to the proper loads.
Update: Per e-mail from applicant, the "stage" is a sand arena for mock combat. No code or permit issues. Approved.
Colorado Division of Wildlife
County Clerk and Recorder
Status: ApprovedComments: We have received notice of your Land Use special event permit application that indicates that you intend to serve alcohol at your event. A special event liquor permit application must be submitted to the Clerk and Recorders office no less than 30 days prior to your event. The application and requirements may be found at https://www.larimer.org/clerk/recording/liquor/special-events. Please let us know if you have any questions.
A Special Event Liquor Permit has been applied for by the applicant and has been approved. Please return the Notice Poster to our office in exchange for the permit. This permit must be present at the event premise.
Status: ApprovedComments: 1. Each food vendor shall hold either a 2019 Colorado retail food license (food trucks, push carts, trailers); or a 2019 Larimer County Temporary Event license (all vendors in a tent, even licensed restaurants, need a separate temp event license for Special Event sales). Applications for temporary event vendors and guidelines for safe food handling outdoors are available on our website:
2. ELCO water shall be made available to event guests by means of 10 gallon water dispensers and disposable cups. Please ensure the dispensers are clean and sanitized before use.
3. It has been acknowledged that 5 portable restrooms and 1 handicapped portable restroom will be provided with 2 hand wash stations. Please note that our Special Event Guidelines recommend 8-10 restrooms for a 10-hour event that serves alcohol. Restrooms must be emptied frequently and conveniently located to be accessible by guests and pumper trucks.
4. The festival organizer shall provide an adequate and convenient method to allow attendees and food vendors to dispose of solid waste during the multi-day event. It has been acknowledged that multiple large trash cans and a dumptster will be provided. Trash cans shall be distributed throughout the site, especially next to portable restrooms, food vending and seating areas. It is recommended to also provide receptacles for recyclables which have signs/pictures of what can be recycled at the event. The main collection dumpster should be used to dispose each smaller can frequently, especially the end of the day to prevent pests.
5. It is understood that camping will only be for the staff and volunteers. Individual campfires shall not be allowed in the camping area. Any centralized group campfires allowed by the organizer shall be under the supervision of event staff with proper notification and in accordance with the local fire authority.
6. Event staff shall ensure that the staff/volunteer camping area is organized in a fashion that allows safe pathways for access and exiting, especially in an emergency.
7. An Emergency Operations Plan was not included as part of the application. If cellular service is not adequate in the area, alternative communication such as 2-way radios shall be made available. It is strongly recommended that all current phone numbers for emergency services agencies such as Fire, Larimer County Sheriff, Ambulance/hospital, event coordinator and staff, be provided for potential non-emergency situations and general questions, as well as 911 for emergencies. It has also been acknowledged that EMS and Security will be on-site and have adequate communication abilities.
8. The property consists of 47 acres with few homes in the immediate area. Please note that noise decibels shall not exceed 50 dbA at the property lines per the Larimer County Noise Ordinance available on our website: http://legacy.larimer.org/policies/noise.htm
Since the event is over the weekend complaints regarding noise disturbances would be directed to the Sheriff's department.
9. Parking areas and pathways that are not paved could create dust. Dust control practices should be implemented to minimize airborne dust including light water spraying and posting signs to limit vehicles in the parking lot to very slow speeds like 10-15 mph.
Larimer County Emergency Management
Status: ApprovedComments: The property is zoned O-Open, N. CR 15 is callsified as a major collector, as such all temporary structures should be located a minimum of 100-feet from the right-of-way centerline and 25-feet from all property lines.
All disturbed areas should be revegetated with a native seed mixture to prevent erosion and noxious weeds.
Poudre Fire Authority
Poudre Valley Hospital
Status: ApprovedComments: Please email the updated COI to Risk@larimer.org.
Status: ApprovedComments: Please ensure that traffic is not backing up on N CR 15 (Terry Lake Rd). You should have more than enough parking on the 6 acres.
Status: APPROVEDHello Jeremy,
Your special event permit application has been approved.
Please print the application and have it available for the duration of your event.
Please see the separate email sent to you outlining conditions/comments from reviewers that need to be met.
Have a great weekend!