Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 5645 Event: Hollerween 17
Application Date: 08/16/2019 Event Date: 10/18/2019 Thru: 10/19/2019
Organization: Food Aid Project Phone: 970-490-1878
Address: PO BOX 1398, Fort Collins, CO 80522
Event InformationPermit Type(s): Private Land
Holler!ween 17 is an annual fundraising event and this years proceeds will benefit the Food Aid Project, a non-profit organization based in Fort Collins, CO. This event features local bands on Friday and Saturday nights and is sponsored by New Belgium Brewing, KRFC 88.9 fm and potentially the Bohemian Foundation (waiting on grant approval).
The venue is located .5 miles west of Ted's Place/Highway 287on the Graves Dairy land at the base of the Poudre Canyon and access is off of Highway 14 onto a long dirt road that takes attendees back to the event location. No roads should be affected during this event.
Event set-up starts at noon on Friday and event ends at 2am on sunday, camping is available on-site for attendees with ample parking. Water will be supplied via water kegs from New Belgium brewing. There will be four employees onsite along with 20 volunteers working the entrance, parking/camping area, beer garden and security. Two food vendors and one coffee vendor will be onsite and a beer garden will be open from 7pm-2am on friday and 2pm-2am on saturday.
There will be 14 standard port-o-lets and 1 ADA, as well as hand washing stations. We are anticipating 200 attendees on Friday and 500 on saturday based on past attendance. Tickets are sold in advance and at the door where people are carded and a wristband is applied, 21+ only event. Snow fencing will surround the area where beer can be consumed. This will be located outside of the tent entrance and will contain the food vendors, port-o-lets and water stations, camping is outside of the beer garden designated area.
Event tents are rented by Best Rental, one is 40'X100' and the other is 40’X40’ and they include lighting and all the necessary permits. The only neighbors are the landowners to the East and they are located quite a ways from the venue site. The other neighbor is to the northwest and they are even further away from the venue with a large tree barrier blocking sound as well. We will talk to this neighbor about the event and give them free tickets to attend, should they choose to do so. We held this event in the same venue for the last five years and it worked well for the neighbors. The event is all the way at the back of the property, far from the road.
Sound for this event is provided by Shaped Music, a professional sound company aware of sound issues and requirements. In reviewing the county's noise ordinance, I am confident we can comply with the designated sound levels. We have positioned the stage to face the river, having the least amount of impact on neighbors. We plan to have a UCH ambulance onsite again this year. Cell phones do work on this property and if we need to make contact in case of an emergency we would do so via phone. The ambulance also has a radio that could be used to contact additional resources.
Estimated Participants: 700 Estimated Spectators: 0
Food / Alcohol:
Food is being served: VENDOR
Alcohol IS being served.
Fri. 10/18/2019: 12 PM - 2 AM
Sat. 10/19/2019: 12 PM - 2 AM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 09/17/2019
I have uploaded our Insurance Certificates for Holler!ween 17. Thank you.
2. Date Submitted: 09/18/2019
I have uploaded the parking and camping map as requested by Planning. Thank you.
3. Date Submitted: 09/21/2019
I have uploaded our Insurance Certificates for Holler!ween 17. Thank you.
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.
Status: ApprovedComments: Assuming the same stage as prior years, which was verified to meet design loads, this is approved.
If either stage is different or you are using a different rental company, please provide information on the design live loads and wind loads of the stage.
Status: ApprovedComments: N/A
Colorado Division of Wildlife
County Clerk and Recorder
Status: ApprovedComments: We have received notice of your Land Use special event permit application that indicates that you intend to serve alcohol at your event. A special event liquor permit application must be submitted to the Clerk and Recorders office no less than 30 days prior to your event. The application and requirements may be found at https://www.larimer.org/clerk/recording/liquor/special-events. Please let us know if you have any questions.
A Special Event Liquor Permit has been applied for by the applicant and has been approved. Please return the Notice Poster to our office in exchange for the permit. This permit must be present at the event premise.
Status: ApprovedComments: Portable toilets must be placed outside the floodplain or anchored within the floodplain. Overnight parking or storage is not permitted in the floodplain and no additional fill material may be imported for roads or parking lots, etc. within the floodplain.
Status: ApprovedComments: 1. Food service shall be in conformance with applicable standards for temporary events. The application indicates that two food trucks and one coffee vendor will be on-site.
-Please ensure that the food trucks have Colorado-issued 2019 Retail Food Licenses.
-If any other vendors are invited that serve from a tent set up, they are required to have a Larimer County-issued 2019 Temporary Event License. Applications for temporary event vendors are available on our website:
2. Potable water shall be made available to event guests by commercial bottled water or from approved water dispensing containers. Drinking water must come from an approved public water supply and not from untreated well water. It has been acknowledged that New Belgium will provide potable water in kegs for the event. Please make note that the Mayo Clinic recommends a daily consumption of 3.7 for males/2.7 for females. For an event that consists of 2 overnights, it is strongly recommended that a gallon of water per person per day be provided.
a. Also note that food vendors will need access to potable water
3. It has been acknowledged that for every 100 attendees, 2 toilets will be provided, for a total of 14 restrooms for 700 patrons; plus 1 ADA. Please ensure adequate handwashing stations are provided with soap, paper towel and trash receptacles. 1 handwash station is recommended for every 5 portolets....for this event, we would recommend a minimum of 3. Toilets appear to be proposed inside and outside of the beer garden to accommodate the campers.
4. The festival organizer shall provide an adequate and convenient method to allow attendees and food vendors to dispose of solid waste during the multi-day event. Trash cans shall be distributed throughout the site, especially next to portable restroom area, food vending and seating areas. For most events, the equivalent of one 20 gallon container per 10 people is appropriate. It is recommended to also provide receptacles for recyclables which have signs/pictures of what can be recycled at the event. A main collection dumpster is encouraged to dispose each smaller can frequently, especially the end of the day.
5. Individual campfires shall not be allowed in the camping area. Any centralized group campfires allowed by the organizer shall be under the supervision of event staff with proper notification to the local fire authority.
6. Event staff shall ensure that the group camping area is organized in a fashion that allows safe pathways for access and exiting, especially in an emergency.
7. An Emergency Operations Plan was not included as part of the application. It has been noted that cellular service is adequate in the area to call for emergencies. It is strongly recommended that all current phone numbers for emergency services agencies such as Fire, Larimer County Sheriff, Ambulance/hospital, event coordinator and assistants, be provided for potential non-emergency situations and general questions, as well as 911 for emergencies. It has also been acknowledged that an ambulance will be on-site and have adequate communication abilities.
8. The property consists of 47 acres with few homes in the immediate area. The applicant is familiar with the county's noise ordinance and will mitigate sound with speaker/stage positioning, as well as speak with neighbors. Noise decibels shall not exceed 50 dbA at the property lines per the Larimer County Noise Ordinance available on our website: http://legacy.larimer.org/policies/noise.htm
Since the event is over the weekend complaints regarding noise disturbances would be directed to the Sheriff's department.
9. Parking areas that are not paved could create dust. Dust control practices should be implemented to minimize airborne dust including light water spraying and posting signs to limit vehicles to very slow speeds like 10-15 mph
Larimer County Emergency Management
Status: ApprovedComments: Same comments as last year - Please provide an updated site plan that notes the proposed location for parking and camping.
The property is located within a FEMA designated Floodplain. No camping or temporary structures are permitted within the floodplain.
The property is zoned O-Open, all temporary structures should be located a minimum of 25 feet from all property lines. The property is also located along W. Hwy 14 and all temporary structures should be located a minimum of 100 feet from the right-of-way centerline.
Any disturbed areas (temporary parking, etc.) should be re vegetated to prevent erosion and noxious weeds.
According to the updated site plan, parking and camping will be located on the northern half of the property outside of the floodplain. The approximate location of the floodplain is adjacent to the Poudre River extending north from the edge of the river approximately 300 feet. No camping, parking or temporary structures are permitted in the floodplain.
Poudre Fire Authority
Status: ApprovedComments: Tents larger than 400 sq ft and canopies larger than 700 sqft require a fire department permit.
Poudre Valley Hospital
Status: APPROVEDHi Kellie,
Congratulations! Your special event permit application has been approved conditioned on complying with comments from reviewing agencies/departments.
Please see the separate email sent on October 9, 2019 regarding these conditions/comments.
Please print the permit and have it available for the duration of your event.
Have fun and much success!