Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 5642 Event: Water Works--Apple Juicing Day-Fall Festival
Application Date: 08/06/2019 Event Date: 09/21/2019
Organization: Poudre Landmarks Foundation Phone: 970-221-0533
Address: 108 N. Meldrum
Event InformationPermit Type(s): Private Land
2005 Overland Trail, Fort Collins, CO 80521
Apple Juicing Day--Fall Festival.
Saturday, September 21, 2010
1883 Water Works Building
2005 N. Overland Trail
Attendees are encouraged to bring their apples to be pressed, pasteurized and packaged. The Fort Collins Forestry will be available to answer questions about apple trees and harvesting. Fresh and hard cider available along with food truck
Estimated Participants: 500 Estimated Spectators: 0
Food / Alcohol:
Food is being served: VENDOR
Alcohol IS being served.
Sat. 09/21/2019: 10 AM - 4 PM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 08/06/2019
Event flyer and diagram added.
2. Date Submitted: 08/13/2019
Attached find the Insurance Waiver as requested.
3. Date Submitted: 08/13/2019
All food and beverages will be served outside--and not in any of the buildings.
4. Date Submitted: 08/16/2019
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.
Status: ApprovedComments: Will all the food and beverage consumption occur outside? If so, I will approve. Otherwise research is needed on any buildings to be used to see if they will meet code requirements for an assembly use.
8/13/19 UPDATE: All activities inside, no use of existing buildings.
Colorado Division of Wildlife
County Clerk and Recorder
Status: ApprovedComments: Special Event Liquor Permit application is under review.
A Special Event Liquor Permit has been applied for and approved. Please return the Public Notice poster in exchange for the physical permit to 200 West Oak, 1st floor Citizen Information Center.
1.Each food vendor shall hold either a 2019 Colorado Mobile retail food license (food trucks, push carts, trailers); or, a 2019 Larimer County Temporary Event license (all vendors in a tent, even licensed restaurants, need a separate temp event license for Special Event sales).
2. It is understood that Scrumpy's will be offering bulk juicing at the event. Per the description, apples will be pressed, pasteurized and bottled on-site. Scrumpy's staff are very familiar with proper food handling and cider processing, but there are some important items to keep in mind for on-site beverage processing/food handling:
-Good Agricultural Practices should be encouraged to reduce the potential for contamination of the apples used for making juice. Please only process apples in good condition. Apples that have fallen on the ground or that are visibly contaminated with bird feces, animal feces, or other gross debris/damage should not be harvested/used for juicing.
-Apples should be rinsed.
-Those involved in the processing shall wash their hands before engaging.
-Please ensure that all juice/cider bottles are washed, rinsed and sanitized before filling.
-It is strongly recommended that the finished product have a label that requires the juice to be refrigerated for safety so the customers do not think the product is shelf stable.
Please note, outbreaks of illness associated with consumption of fruit juice have been a growing public health problem since the early 1990s. Serious outbreaks of foodborne illness, including Salmonella, E.coli 0157:H7, and Clostridium, have been traced to drinking fruit juice, vegetable juice, and cider that has not been treated to kill harmful bacteria. Since 1999, the FDA has required juice manufacturers to place warning information on product containers about the health risks of drinking untreated juice or cider. In this case, Scrumpy's will be pasteurizing the juice. Pasteurized juice is heated to a high temperature for a short time before it is sold. By pasteurizing juice, present pathogens shall be reduced by a minimum of a 5 log reduction.
3. It is our understanding that the on-site restrooms are supported by a septic system which is not capable of supporting 500 guests, therefore portable restrooms are required. An attendance of 500 people over a 6hr event that serves alcohol, should provide a minimum of 7 portable restrooms and 2 handwash stations.
4. Potable water shall be made available to event guests by drinking fountains, commercial bottled water, or from approved water dispensing containers. Drinking water must come from an approved public supply.
5. Trash cans shall be distributed throughout the site, especially next to portable restroom area, food vending and seating areas. For most events, the equivalent of one 20 gallon container per 10 people is appropriate. It is recommended to also provide receptacles for recyclables which have signs/pictures of what can be recycled at the event.
6. Since the site parking areas are not paved and consist of vegetation and soil, dust control practices should be implemented to minimize dust. This could include posting signs to limit vehicles to very slow speeds like 10-15 mph, and lightly spraying water in the parking areas to prevent dust from rising.
7. A chicken coop is identified on the site plan. We strongly recommend a handwash station if this area if it will be accessible to the public with live animals. As many know, animals including chickens, geese and ducks, can pass on harmful pathogens/germs to people, especially kids, such as E. coli and Salmonella. For some additional information and printable posters, please visit the Center for Disease Control website: https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/specific-groups/stay-healthy-animal-exhibits.html
Larimer County Emergency Management
Status: ApprovedComments: The property is zoned FA-Farming, N. Overland Trail is classified as a major collector. All temporary structures and food trucks should be located a minimum of 100-feet from the right-of-way center line of N. Overland Trail and 25-feet from property lines.
The Larimer County Canal and New Mercer Ditch run through the property. No temporary structures should be located within ditch easements.
The property is not located within a FEMA designated Floodplain.
All disturbed areas should be revegetated with native grass seed to avoid erosion and noxious weeds.
Poudre Fire Authority
Poudre Valley Hospital
Status: APPROVEDGood afternoon,
Your event has been approved. Please print your permit and have it available at all times.
Thank you, and I hope you have a successful event!