Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 4597 Event: RCVFD Mountain Festival and Fundraiser
Application Date: 04/22/2019 Event Date: 09/07/2019
Organization: Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire Department Phone: 9704846724
Address: P. O. Box 2, Bellvue, CO 80512
Event InformationPermit Type(s): Private Land
Rist Canyon Mountain Festival 2019 will be held on Saturday, September 7. Each year the festival is held from 10 AM to 4 PM and is the main fundraiser to fund the financial needs of the fire department. The Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire Department (RCVFD) sponsors the mountain festival each year as a fundraiser. The Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire Department is a Colorado non-profit corporation certified on June 21, 1975 and operates as a non-tax based fire department. Liability insurance is purchased with Flood and Peterson Insurance, Inc., contact agent is Katie Lebron-Frank, 970-266-7157 (see attached file for coverage).
The festival will be held on property owned by Gene and Gail Michaud located at 11540 Rist Canyon Road, Bellvue CO 80512. The location is a 15 acre open grassy meadow along with 4.5 acres of parking space. There will be approximately 100 - 150 RCVFD volunteers that staff the event. There will be an estimated 1000 attendees on the grounds at one time. Parking will be provided off the main road on 4.5 acres and will be staffed by approximately 20 staff with a main entrance and an exit. There will be no alcoholic beverages allowed on the festival grounds. This will be strictly enforced. There will be a registered nurse on the grounds at all time along with RCVFD EMS and the fire department First Responders. RCVFD will have a QRT vehicle on site for transporting any injured if needed. The event site will be located where RCVFD has their landing site for the Flight for Life helicopter. Each year the Flight for Life helicopter flies in at noon (if not on call) for a demonstration, brief talk and showing of the helicopter.
There will be portable toilets located in two locations on the grounds for which 1 of the 8 will be handicap accessible. The portable units will be provided by Levi Gallegos, Gallegos Sanitation, 970/567-0271. Hand washing units will also be provided along with the toilet units and are located at each location
All food is provided by licensed Larimer County vendors. Each food vendor will be required to provide their own potable water and will be responsible for any
Estimated Participants: 1500 Estimated Spectators: 1500
Food / Alcohol:
Food is being served: VENDOR
Alcohol is NOT being Served
Sat. 09/07/2019: 10 AM - 4 PM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 04/25/2019
Added two files--map of the festival, and flame retardance certification.
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.
Status: ApprovedComments: No buildings on the property may be used for this Special Event.
Status: ApprovedComments: 1. The event numbers have increased to 1500, therefore it is recommended that portable restrooms should also increase to a total of 10 restrooms for the 6 hour event. A minimum of 2 handsinks shall be provided to support the restroom area.
2. A petting zoo is identified on the site plan. We strongly recommend a handwash station for people exiting the petting zoo area. As many know, animals can pass on harmful pathogens/germs to people, especially kids, such as E. coli and Salmonella. For some additional information and printable posters, please visit the Center for Disease Control website: https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/specific-groups/stay-healthy-animal-exhibits.html
3. No trash receptacles (I think that's what the blurred bluish things are on the map...a key would help for future applications) are displayed on the site map next to the portable restroom area. Please provide trash receptacles to prevent extra debris in the portable toilets.
4. Each food vendor shall hold either a 2019 Colorado Mobile retail food license (food trucks, push carts, trailers); or a 2019 Larimer County Temporary Event license (all vendors in a tent, even licensed restaurants, need a separate temp event license for Special Event sales).
5. Potable water shall be made available to event guests by commercial bottled water or from approved water dispensing containers. Drinking water must come from an approved public supply and not from untreated well water.
6. Again, as indicated last year in the agency comments, the Health Department paragraph on the 'Event Information Description' is cutoff and incomplete. It is not known if some of the above information will already be addressed.
Larimer County Emergency Management
Status: ApprovedComments: The property for the proposed event is zoned O-Open.
Rist Canyon Road is classified as a Minor Collector.
All temporary structures and parking should be located a minimum of 70-feet from the right-of-way centerline of Rist Canyon Road and 25 feet from all other property lines.
Disturbed areas should be re vegetated with native grasses to prevent noxious weeds.
Rist Canyon Fire
Road & Bridge
Status: ApprovedComments: No Conflict
Status: APPROVEDHi Bridget,
Congratulations! Your special event permit application has been approved.
Please print the permit and have it available for the duration of your event.