Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 4524 Event: North American Unicycle Competition and Convention
Application Date: 12/08/2018 Event Date: 07/11/2019
Organization: Colorado Front Range Unicyclists, LLC Phone:
Event InformationPermit Type(s): Parks and Open Spaces
Type of Event: Other
Horsetooth Mountain Open Space
The North American Unicycle Competition and Convention (NAUCC) is an annual event which includes several different mountain unicycle (muni) competitions. This event consists of six distinct races taking place primarily in Horsetooth Mountain Park. Two of the proposed courses cross into Lory State Park. The expected number of attendees is approximately 80. However, that number will be split among the six different races. The number of riders racing at any given time will be much lower.
The six races are:
* Elite Cross Country (XC Elite)
* Advanced Cross Country (XC Advanced)
* Beginner Cross Country (XC Beginner)
* Elite Downhill (DH Elite)
* Advanced Downhill (DH Advanced)
* Elite Uphill (UH Elite)
Volunteers will arrive at the Soderberg parking lot at 6 AM to go over the emergency medical plan and receive their individual assignments. Volunteers will then disperse to setup aid stations, finish course marking, and direct attendees. Event cleanup will finish by 4PM. We plan to have a dedicated UCHealth Ambulance with two EMT personnel on site for the duration of the event (see Emergency Medical Plan, attached).
Parking lots utilized:
* Soderberg parking lot -- aid station, administrative personnel, ambulance on standby.
* Marina parking lot -- attendee parking
* Timber parking lot -- aid station (morning only)
* Arthur’s parking lot -- aid station (morning only)
* Swan Johnson ( 8 AM - 10:15 AM only )
* West Valley
* East Valley
* Spring Creek
Tentative schedule for Thursday July 11th
* 6-7 AM Volunteer Instructions and Assignment handout in Soderberg parking lot
* 7-8 AM Aid Station Setup (see Event Overview Map for locations)
* 8-9:45 AM XC Elite race
* 9-9:30 AM Timber Aid Station teardown/cleanup
* 9:15-10:30 AM XC Advanced race
* 10-10:30 AM Arthur's Aid Station teardown/cleanup
* 10:15-11 AM XC Beginner race
* 11AM - 12:30 PM DH Elite race
* 11 - 11:45 XC course cleanup and course sweep
* 12 - 1:30 PM DH Advanced race
* 12:30 - 12:45 DH Elite course sweep
* 12:30 - 1:30 PM DH Elite course cleanup
* 12:30 - 1:30 PM Spring Creek aid station teardown/cleanup
* 1:30 - 1:45 PM DH Advanced course sweep
* 1:30 - 2:30 DH Advanced course cleanup
* 1:30 - 2:30 UH Elite
* 2:30 - 3 Loggers aid station teardown/cleanup
* 2:30 - 3 PM UH Elite course cleanup
* 3 - 4 PM Final cleanup and exit park
If possible, we would like to drive a truck up Towers on Friday afternoon to deposit equipment and water at the two aid stations on Towers. Packaged food, like Cliff Bars, will be brought in the following morning.
Insurance for this event will be coordinated through the Unicycling Society of America and a certificate of insurance is forthcoming.
General Aggregate Limit – unlimited
Each occurrence limit – $2,000,000
Damage to rented premises – $300,000
Medical limit – $5,000 per person
Estimated Participants: 80 Estimated Spectators: 0
Food / Alcohol:
Food is being served: PACKAGED
Alcohol is NOT being Served
Thu. 07/11/2019: 6 AM - 4 PM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 12/11/2018
More detailed event map uploaded.
2. Date Submitted: 12/22/2018
Updated map to show each course individually and in full and with all relevant roads marked.
3. Date Submitted: 01/04/2019
Participation waiver attached.
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.
Status: ApprovedComments: N/A
Status: Not Reviewed YetComments:
Larimer County Emergency Management
Status: ApprovedComments: Since the event is an outdoor event, please be sure to monitor weather before and during the event in order allow adequate time for notification of event staff in the case of severe weather.
Parks & Open Lands
Poudre Fire Authority
Poudre Valley Hospital
Status: More Information NeededComments: Please provide:
1. A certificate of insurance with general liability limits no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence / $2,000,000 general aggregate. The certificate of insurance must name Larimer County as certificate holder (Larimer County Risk Management 200 W Oak St Suite 4000 Fort Collins, CO 80525) and list Larimer County as additional insured.
2. A copy of the participant waiver.
Road & Bridge
Status: ApprovedComments: No Conflicts
Status: Not Reviewed YetComments: