Special Event Permit Detail
Application InformationID: 3425 Event: Ragnar Relay Colorado
Status: AWAITING PAYMENT<>APPLIED
Application Date: 05/17/2018 Event Date: 09/14/2019
Organization: Ragnar Events, LLC Phone:
Address: 12 S 400 W, Suite 200, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Event InformationPermit Type(s): County Road
Please use this interactive Google Map to access the route. https://drive.google.com/open?id=18DJXrsqb5BMRJk65wWmFRU8djesqpan2&usp=sharing
The Reebok Ragnar Relay Colorado is a long distance running relay race that will start in Castle Rock on a Friday in late summer 2019 and finish in Fort Collins on the consecutive Saturday. We anticipate 450 teams to participate in the event.
• Each team is comprised of 6-12 individuals and 1-2 vehicles. Therefore, we anticipate about 5,400 participants and 900 vehicles to be involved in the race.
• During the relay, each team member runs three legs. Only one person from each team will be running on the course at a time. There will only be 450 runners on the course at any given time.
• Start times are staggered, beginning at 5:00 AM and will continue until 3:00 PM. The objective for the staggered start time is to spread the participants out so that the impact on local traffic will be minimal to avoid large groups of runners clustering together. The entire group of runners will typically be spread out over a span of 30-40 miles.
• Runners are instructed to obey all traffic laws and regulations. The race course will utilize sidewalks, running paths, bike lanes, and road shoulders. We do not foresee a need to close any lanes of traffic or close any running paths to pedestrians or bike traffic.
Estimated Participants: 5300 Estimated Spectators: 0
Food / Alcohol:
Food is being served: VENDOR
Alcohol IS being served.
Sat. 09/14/2019: 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Additional Information Submitted by Applicant1. Date Submitted: 07/13/2018
We would like to change the date on our application. The date currently listed for the event is 09/07/2019 we would like to change that date to 09/14/2019 or one week later.
2. Date Submitted: 07/13/2018
3. Date Submitted: 11/21/2018
We've had a few changes in the route initially submitted and I wanted to reflect the new exchanges in the document below.
Reviewing Agency Comments/Status
Email the Special Events Coordinator regarding this application.