RED FEATHER LAKES PLANNING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
FIRE HOUSE MEETING ROOM
44 FIRE HOUSE LANE, RED FEATHER LAKES
November 1, 2012, 1:30-3:30 PM
Call To Order: The meeting was called to order by Chairperson Lon Hughes at approx. 1:40.
Attendees: Robert Allman, Roger Clark, Terri Donnelly, Lon Hughes, Donald Roger, Lucille Schmitt, Roger Svendsen
Excused Absence: Ted Carter, Shirley Pfankuch, Eunice Michalka
Unexplained Absence: Ross Reid
Adoption of Agenda: The agenda was adopted as proposed
Approval of Minutes from September 6, 2012 Shirley P. e-mailed some proposed corrections to the September minutes to the Secretary, however the suggested changes were difficult to decipher from the text. It was decided to request clarification from Shirley at the next PAC meeting. There was also discussion about the Slash Solutions vote at the September meeting. The vote was 4 to 3 in favor of a six-month review. From here on, a roll call vote will be called on issues like this one ….. per the By-Laws and as done previously by the PAC.
- Committee Member Communications – The subcommittee on Water and Sewer has not met. A discussion of this subject, which led to a reasonably complete explanation of PAC conversations and efforts over the past years, took place. This was probably valuable since we now have a number of new PAC members that could benefit from that background. There is serious concern about degrading water quality based on real estate sales sampling and the quality of treatment systems around the lakes. We continue to face the same constraint, i.e. without some form of initial funding, it is not clear how we can move forward. Roger recommended this item to be removed from future agendas until a path forward is identified.
- County Communications
- Middle Bald Mountain Tower: Rob H. explained the status of this effort. The comment period is closed. Rob has clarified what is required in terms of County permits and it depends on the ultimate scope of the installation. Rob requested that the Commissioners pay special attention to comments from RFL residents.
- Local Communication Towers: Rob H. told the PAC that the tower owners in Crystal Lakes and the one in Fox Acres have requested upgrades to the County. Service will be at least 3G and perhaps 4G. This would allow better service in RFL
- Centurylink: There has still been no communication from them. Rob H. will forward the communication with the County Commissioners to Roger S. and Lucille. They will compose a letter to the PUC alerting them to the extremely poor service in RFL.
- Other: There is early effort by Apex Plumbing to create a septic dumpsite in the RFL area. It is in the very early stage, and the approval process is major.
Comments from the Audience: (Non-Agenda Items, 5-minute limit)
· A suggestion was made to create a sinking fund for people to contribute toward starting a water and sewer effort.
1. DSL/High Speed Update – See Above
2. Middle Bald Mountain Tower EIS contract & scoping – See Above
Action Items: None
- A question was raised about what action the PAC should take regarding those members that miss multiple meetings. The By-Laws allow the PAC to recommend the removal of members that have 3 or more unexcused absences. Lon will contact Ross Reid to understand his plans. He has missed six meetings.
- It was decided to not hold a meeting in December since there is no urgent business. The motion was made, seconded, and passed.
Determine Agenda for Next Meeting: The current agenda flow will be continued. There were no new significant items to add.
Next regular meeting: Thursday, January 3, 2013 @ 1:30 PM