Larimer County Fair & Rodeo
May 27, 2009
Meeting Called to Order at 7:00 p.m. by:
Mike Adams, Chairman
Approval of April meeting minutes:
- Motion to approve March meeting minutes made by:
Motion to approve April meeting minutes voted on and passed.
o Keaton & Lillie reported on their recent and upcoming events.
o Joyce Scoggins with Ovations reported deadline for entering the Gnarly Barley Brew Festival is
June 1st. Already have 12 brewers registered. Bush Agriculture is excited about being involved in the event and will have various educational displays available.
Chairman’s Topics: Mike Adams
- Pancake Breakfast –Loren Maxey reported on progress. Committee meeting scheduled for 6:00 pm Tuesday, June 2nd at Loveland I-Hop restaurant.
- Parade –Myrna will email instructions to the helpers. 2009 Parade Grand Marshal is Dr. John Matushima. He will be recognized at various events during the Fair.
§ Jr. Livestock Sale
o Greg Melick reported the last Jr. Livestock meeting where much of the meeting was spent working on establishing their non-profit status. Discussed details of conducting market animal drug testing. They will have a float in the parade with theme of the Blues Brothers.
§ Animal Welfare
o Shannon Fancher reported that she is waiting on the approval of the Animal Welfare policy statement from the county attorney.
§ “Tough Enough to Wear Pink”
o Alan Rankin reported that the fund raising golf tournament is scheduled for July 25th at 8:00 am at Valley Water. He will set up a meeting and invites anyone who would like to help with committee to attend.
Guest Services: Jacque Loebig
- Jacque reported that the invitations have been sent out to previous volunteers. Remax will provide 30 to 40 volunteers for Saturday and Sunday of the Fair. Orientation for new volunteers will be Friday, July 17, 7 – 9 pm. Co-chairs are reviewing the draft of the volunteer booklet.
Extension: Wendy Woerner
- Further explanation of market animal drug testing. Wendy will be meeting with Shannon Fancher to finalize protocol. Information will be in published in the premium book as well as web site. Educating exhibitors and families will be main emphasis.
o Committee has developed a step by step plan of how the rodeo and program will work together.
Rodeo: Steve Humann absent, no report
Ranch Updates: Coordinators
- Bldgs & Grounds –Liz Garcia
o Working on developing a tri-fold schedule and map should be ready in couple of weeks.
o Kiddie Ranchland- booking various booths, shows and activities
o 60 Commercial booth vendors to date
o Renamed Ag BBQ to Toast to Agriculture
- Entertainment – Lisa Lytle
o Planning 5th anniversary thank you reception ‘Cheers for 5 Years” for Friday opening night. Evening will honor VIP’s responsible for The Ranch.
o Saturday will be CSU Day
o Sunday will be Dog Days of Summer
o Main Stage schedule mostly filled
o Carnival – 4-H members will be offered season pass for $50, five day unlimited rides. The Ranch-Way Feeds and The Ranch will be selling these. A flyer advertising the pass will be included in the Clover Connection.
- Arena Activities – Abby Powell
o Many of the same activities as 2008 just some changes in their schedule
- Marketing – Ryan Young
o Marketing plan is done, if you would like a copy let Ryan know and he will email it to you.
o Posters- passed out to members for them to distribute to businesses in Larimer County communities.
o Working on Face book and Twitter communication
o John Lee will set up a post 2009 Fair meeting with marketing liaisons and Ryan to brainstorm marketing of the 2010 Fair.
- Sponsorships – Dave Namesnik
o $56,500 cash and $54,500 trade to date
o Reported many new leads
Other/New Business: None
Old Business: Thanks you to Don Svedman for volunteer article publication.
Motion to adjourn meeting made by:
Motion seconded by:
Respectfully submitted by: