MINUTES OF THE LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
(November 24, 2015)
The regular meeting of the Larimer County Board of Adjustment was held in the County Board Hearing Room in the Larimer County Courthouse Offices, Fort Collins, Colorado at 7:00 p.m., November 24, 2015 at which time the following business was transacted.
Board Members Present: Joseph Wise, Carol Dowding, Jeffrey Schneider, Tom Peterson
Staff Present: Savanah Benedick, County Planner, and William G. Ressue, Senior County Attorney
Minutes: Tom Peterson moved and Joseph Wise seconded the Motion to approve the October 27, 2015 Minutes of the Larimer County Board of Adjustment as presented. Board members Joseph Wise, Carol Dowding, Jeffrey Schneider, Tom Peterson voted in favor of the Motion. The Minutes were unanimously approved.
Findings and Resolutions: Jeffrey Schneider moved and Joseph Wise seconded the Motion to approve the following Findings and Resolutions: Peterich Setback Variance (#15-BOA1030), Kintzley Setback Variance (#15-BOA1042), Weixelman Setback Variance (#15-BOA1045), Secher Setback Variance (#15-BOA1043), and Lewis Setback Variance (#15-BOA1044). Board members Joseph Wise, Carol Dowding, Jeffrey Schneider, Tom Peterson voted in favor of the Motion.
The following application was approved by consent:
File No: #15-BOA1049 (Meyer/Smith Setback Variance)
Owner: Gloria Smith and Jerold Alan Meyer
Applicant: Phil Lapp
Request: The Application of Phil Lapp, requesting a variance was presented to the Board. The Application requested a setback variance to allow a proposed garage to be located 15 feet from the center of the existing drainage way to the north rather than the required minimum of 100 feet in the O-Open zone.
Action: Jeffrey Schneider moved and Tom Peterson seconded the Motion to approve the Application with the following conditions:
1. Failure to comply with any conditions of the variance approval may result in reconsideration of the use and possible revocation of the approval by the Board of Adjustment.
2. This approval shall automatically expire one year from the date of this Resolution unless prior to expiration the Applicant (a) takes affirmative action consistent with this approval, OR (b) submits a written request showing good cause to extend the one year time limit.
3. All future additions or buildings that would be within setbacks as defined in the Land Use Code must go through the proper county review and planning process prior to construction.
4. After the applicant applies for a building permit but prior to foundation pour, the Larimer County Building Department must be provided with a written certification by a Colorado Licensed Land surveyor that the proposed structure is located where shown on the Larimer County approved Plot Plan for this development and at elevation as required by condition 5.
5. Prior to permit issuance, the applicant shall hire a Professional Engineer to confirm that the location and lowest opening of the proposed new structure is set above the 100-year flood limits to minimize potential injury and structural damage in a major flood event.
Board members Joseph Wise, Carol Dowding, Jeffrey Schneider, and Tom Peterson voted in favor of the Motion. The Application was approved with conditions.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:30 p.m.
(These proceedings were recorded by audio tape.)
LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT