MINUTES OF THE LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
(February 25, 2014)
The regular meeting of the Larimer County Board of Adjustment was held in the County Board Hearing Room in the Larimer County Courthouse Offices, Fort Collins, Colorado at 7:00 p.m., February 25, 2014, at which time the following business was transacted.
Board Members Present: Sheri Hofeling, Carol Dowding, Alan Cram, Jeffrey Schneider, and Tom Peterson
Staff Present: Karin Madson, County Planner, and William G. Ressue, Senior County Attorney
Minutes: Carol Dowding moved and Sheri Hofeling seconded the Motion to approve the January 28, 2014 Minutes of the Larimer County Board of Adjustment as presented. Board members Sheri Hofeling, Carol Dowding, Alan Cram, Jeffrey Schneider, and Tom Peterson voted in favor of the Motion. The Minutes were unanimously approved.
Findings and Resolutions: Carol Dowding moved and Sheri Hofeling seconded the Motion to approve the following Findings and Resolutions: Carlson/Gitchel Setback Variance (#13-BOA0970) and Romero 720 Setback Variance Extension (#12-BOA0886). Board members Sheri Hofeling, Carol Dowding, Alan Cram, Jeffrey Schneider, and Tom Peterson voted in favor of the Motion.
A. Consent Applications
The following application was approved by consent:
File No: #14-BOA0971 ( Setback Variance)
Owners/Applicants: James E. and Carolyn A. Kuenzel
Request: The Application of James E. and Carolyn A. Kuenzel, requesting a variance was presented to the Board. The Application requested a setback variance to allow a new carport to be located: i) 45 feet from the Highway 34 right-of-way (ROW) centerline rather than the required minimum of 100 feet, ii) 5.5 feet from the ROW line rather than the required minimum of 50 feet; iii) 30 feet from the front property line rather than the required 100 feet from and; iv) 3.5 feet from the side lot line rather than the required minimum of 5 feet in the O-Open zone.
The Board acknowledged receipt of one letter in opposition to the request.
Action: Carol Dowding moved and Sheri Hofeling seconded the Motion to approve the Application with the following conditions:
1. Failure to comply with any conditions of the variance approval may result in reconsideration of the use and possible revocation of the approval by the Board of Adjustment.
2. This approval shall automatically expire one year from the date of this Resolution unless prior to expiration the Applicants (a) take affirmative action consistent with this approval, OR (b) submit a written request showing good cause to extend the one year time limit.
3. All future additions or buildings that would be within setbacks as defined in the Land Use Code must go through the proper county review and planning process prior to construction. This may include additional variance requests for the above mentioned structures that do not have building permits or inspection approvals.
4. After the applicant applies for a building permit but prior to foundation pour, the Larimer County Building Department must be provided with a written certification by a Colorado Licensed Land surveyor that the proposed structure is located where shown on the Larimer County approved Plot Plan for this Department.
5. The carport structure must be of an open type construction, with only a roof and supports, but no solid walls. The property owner may need to remove or relocate the structure in the future if CDOT desires to utilize their existing right-of-way and maneuverability into and out of the structure negatively affects that right of way.
Board members Sheri Hofeling, Carol Dowding, Alan Cram, Jeffrey Schneider, and Tom Peterson voted in favor of the Motion. The Application was approved with conditions.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
(These proceedings were recorded by audio tape.)
LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT