LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Monday, September 28, 2020 / 3:00 P.M. / Hearing Room
** Staff is adhering to the Larimer County Health Departments guidelines on social distancing and group sizes. If you wish to not attend this meeting in person, but would still like to give testimony, please feel free to send an email to, firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number. You may also watch the live broadcast at https://www.larimer.org/broadcast .
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. TABLED ITEM FROM SEPTEMBER 14, 2020:
**1. GLEN HAVEN SUB LOTS 38 E 1/2 & 38 W 1/2 AP, FILE# 19-LAND3868
Staff Contacts: Tracy Hicks, Planning; Katie Gray, Engineering;
Lea Schneider, Health
Request : Glen Haven Lot 38 Block 1 Amended Plat to reconfigure the lot lines between the W 1/2 of Lot 38, Block 1, and the E 1/2 of Lot 38, Block 1, of the Glen Haven Subdivision in order to make the home located at 27 Circle Drive be entirely located on its own parcel.
Location : Situated north of Fox Creek Road. Circle Drive terminates at 27 Circle Drive and becomes High Point Drive. Located at 27 Circle Drive and 323 Circle Drive.
Applicant: Greg Leinweber 5620 Kiowa Drive Greeley, CO 80634
Owner: Richard Croissant & Eileen Croissant 225 Dundee Ave. #3
Greeley, CO 80634; Greg Leinweber 5620 Kiowa Drive Greeley, CO 80634;
and Lesa Jayne Beggs 1423 45th Avenue Greeley, CO 80634
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends approval of the Glen Haven Subdivision East ½ Lot 38 and West ½ Lot 38, Block 1 Amended Plat, File # 19-LAND3868, subject to the following conditions and authorization for the chairman to sign the plat when the conditions are met and the plat is presented for signature:
1. All conditions of approval shall be met, and the Final Plat recorded by March 28, 2021 or this approval shall be null and void.
2. Prior to the recordation of the Final Plat the applicant shall make the technical corrections required by Ron Perkins, Land Surveyor of the Larimer County Engineering Department and the Planning Department. These corrections are as follows:
• The title of the Amended Plat should be changed to: “Amended Plat East ½ Lot 38 and West ½ Lot 38, Block 1Glen Haven Subdivision, File #19-LAND3868.”
• Any existing buildings need to be removed for the final plat.
• The Certificate of Ownership and Dedication language need to be reflected exactly as to what is required in the application materials.
• Provide signature lines for every owner to sign the plat.
• The Larimer County Health Authority Signature Block needs to be included and must read exactly as reflected in the application materials.
3. The shed located on the East ½ Lot 38 needs to be moved in order to meet setback requirements.
D. PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS: *Will not be discussed unless requested by
Commissioners or members of the audience.
**Board to sign F&R at the Hearing
**2. GLEN HAVEN SUBDIVISION, LOTS 17, 25, 26, 27, 28 & 32, BLOCK 9 AMENDED PLAT, FILE #20-LAND3990
Staff Contacts: Tracy Hicks, Planning; Eric Tracy, Engineering;
Lea Schneider, Environmental Health
Request : Amended Plat of Lots 17, 25, 26, 27, 28 & 32, Block 9 of the Glen Haven
Subdivision to reconfigure the existing lot lines.
Location : Properties are located approximately a half mile south of Glen Haven, CO
Applicant: Van Horn Engineering & Surveying, Inc. 1043 Fish Creek Rd.
Estes Park, CO 80517
Owner: Goff Family Trust and the Goff Family Cabin Trust; Marsha (Marty) Hahn
1756 Wildfire Circle Castle Rock, CO 80104; Gregory D. Goff 1914 LaMesa Dr.
Dodge City, KS 67801; Jarod Goff 9608 W. 150th St. Overland Park, KS 6622;
Travis Goff 55 Brier St. Winnetka, IL 60093; and Derek Goff 51 Rainey St. #637
Austin, TX 78723
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends Approval of the Glen Haven Subdivision, Lots 17, 25, 26, 27, 28, & 32, Block 9 Amended Plat File# 20-LAND3990 subject to the following conditions and authorization for the chairman to sign the plat when the conditions are met and the plat is presented for signature:
1. All conditions of approval shall be met and the Final Plat recorded by March 28, 2021, or this approval shall be null and void.
2. The resultant lots are subject to any and all covenants, deed restrictions, or other conditions that apply to the original lots.
3. Prior to the recordation of the Final Plat the applicant shall make the following changes to the plat:
• The County project number needs to be noted on the final plat.
• The buildings and parcel C & D labels should be removed for the final plat.
• Please include the Board of County Commissioner Signature Block.
• Please make sure to add the additional plat note: “The new lots created by this action are subject to the same restrictions, covenants, and regulations as set forth in the plat of record of Glen Haven Subdivision.”
• Please label the access to Lot 17 as an “exclusive access driveway for Lot 17.”
**3. COLLAND CENTER 3RD LOTS 16 & 17 LOT CONSOLIDATION,
Staff Contacts: Alyssa Martin, Planning; Lea Schneider, Health;
Steven Rothwell, Engineering
Request : Request to consolidate Lots 16 & 17 of Colland Center 3rd Filing.
Location : NW ¼ 24-6-69; Colland Center 3rd Filing, east of Carpenter Rd.
Fort Collins, CO
Applicant/Owner: Nate Lamkin and Pathways Hospice 305 Carpenter Road
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends approval of the Colland Center 3rd Lots 16 & 17 Lot Consolidation, File #20-LAND3991 with the following conditions:
1. All conditions of approval shall be met, and the Findings and Resolution recorded by March 28, 2021 or this approval shall be null and void.
2. The resultant lot is subject to all covenants, deed restrictions, or other conditions that apply to the original lots in the subdivision.
**4. KANE APPEAL, FILE #20-ZONE2710
Staff Contacts: Jenn Cram, Planning; Connor Sheldon, Engineering;
Lea Schneider, Health and Environment
Request : An Appeal to Section 4.3.10.H.c of the Larimer County Land Use Code to allow a detached accessory living area to exceed the required size limit of 40% of the square footage of the single-family dwelling and 800 square feet.
Location : 1186 Spring Gulch Drive, Lyons, CO; Located west of E. County Road 37E
Applicant: Ben Waldman 5435 W 59th Avenue, Unit N Arvada, CO 80003
Owner: Stephen and Aimee Kane
Development Services Team Recommendation: The application was referred to a variety of agencies.
Comments from the Engineering Department note that Transportation Capital Expansion Fees will be required at the time of building permit. It was also noted that it is not anticipated that the request will adversely impact the drainage patterns on the site but if drainage is altered, the property owners will have to submit a drainage report for staff review.
Comments from the Department of Health and Environment note that water will be provided via an existing well and sewer service requirements via an on-site septic system. The on-site septic system requires improvements to serve the primary residence and accessory living area.
No comments were received from the Building Department. It is understood that a building permit will be required.
The Addressing Coordinator’s comments indicate that if this Public Site Plan and Appeal is approved, the Accessory Living Area will have an address of 1184 Spring Gulch Drive, Lyons, CO 80540.
Wildfire comments indicate that defensible space may be required. Further review will take place as part of the Building Permit process.
*5. LARIMER & WELD DIVERSION STRUCTURE REPAIRS - FLOODPLAIN SPECIAL REVIEW
Staff Contacts: Devin Traff, Larimer County Engineering Department
Request : To allow repairs to the existing diversion structure on the Cache La Poudre River Floodway and Flood Fringe Zoning Districts.
Location : Southwest ¼, Section 29 and Northwest ¼, Section 32, Township 8 North, Range 69 West, Larimer County
Applicant: Larimer & Weld Reservoir Company (LWRC)
Staff Recommendation: The Larimer County Engineering Department recommends approval of the Larimer & Weld Diversion Structure Repairs - Floodplain Special Review.
Per the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Larimer County will provide a reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with a disability who need assistance. Services can be arranged with at least seven business days' notice. Please email us at email@example.com or by calling 970-498-7719 or Relay Colorado 711. "Walk-in" requests for auxiliary aids and services will be honored to the extent possible but may be unavailable if advance notice is not provided.