RED FEATHER LAKES PLANNING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
FIRE HOUSE MEETING ROOM
44 FIRE HOUSE LANE , RED FEATHER LAKES
October 14, 2010, 1:30-3:30 PM
The meeting was called to order at 1:40 PM by Chairperson Ted Carter
Members in Attendance: Susan Bradley, Ross Reid, Ben Myers, Ted Carter, Terry Ferebee, Michael Sledge, Roger Svendsen, Eunice Michalka, and Lucille Schmitt
Members Excused Absences. All other members had excused absences.
Larimer County Representation: Rob Helmick, LARCO Planning, Larimer County Commissioners Lew Gaiter III, Steve Johnson and Tom Donnelly
Guests Present: Pat Bradley, Warren Baker and Stephen Johnson
Adoption of Agenda: The agenda was approved as written.
Approval of Minutes: September 9, 2010 minutes were approved.
Communications from Committee Members : None
Communications from County Representatives :
- Rob Helmick advised that the Sawmill Junction project is on hold due to water issues. There was some discussion between board members and Rob pertaining to this development.
- Rob Helmick advised that the County has received only one application for the RFLPAC and requested that the RFLPAC encourage other eligible citizens to apply.
- Commissioners Gaiter stated that he appreciated the PAC’s input and early vetting on areas of interest to the Red Feather Lakes Community.
Comments from the Audience : Mr. Baker advised that his family uses approximately 25 gallons of water per day per family member. Mr. Johnson stated that the water/waste water is an important item for the PAC to work on.
Action Item: None
- Road Centerline Project: Rob advised that the County Engineering Staff believes that the County is at the final draft of the maps and will be moving forward to the Courts on those road dedicated as “public” by the Board of County Commissioners. The Road survey will show where the monuments have been set and ties to existing monumentation and the document currently consists of 18 survey sheets with a cover.
Discussion Item :
- Establishment of a subcommittee to work with RFS&I on domestic water and waste water issues. After discussion of this item by RFLPAC members, Lucille Schmitt made the following motion. “To establish a RFLPAC subcommittee to investigate water and waste water needs of Red Feather Lakes and possible solutions.” This motion was seconded by Susan Bradley. All RFLPAC members approved. The following RFLPAC members will serve on this subcommittee: Ted Carter, Eunice Michalka, Ben Myers, Roger Svendsen, Michael Sledge and Lucille Schmitt. RFLPAC selected Ted Carter to chair this subcommittee.
- Teleconferencing participation. Eunice Michalka made a motion to “dismiss any further thought of teleconferencing RFLPAC meetings. Seconded by Ross Reid. All RFLPAC members approved.
- Resolution regarding Amendments 60 and 61 and Proposition 101. Michael Sledge made a motion that the “RFLPAC not advise on Amendments 60 & 61 and Proposition 101.” Seconded by Susan Bradley. All RFLPAC members approved.
- Terry Ferebee made a motion “to cancel the RFLPAC meetings for November and December 2010. Ross Reid seconded the motion. All RFLPAC members approved.
RFLPAC meeting adjourned at 3:20 PM
Submitted by Terry Ferebee