Meeting Minutes:  April 17, 2008


The meeting was called to order at 1:30 PM by Chairperson Lucille Schmidt.  Jill Bennett volunteered to take the minutes, as Secretary Terry Ferebee was absent.


Members in Attendance:  Ted Carter, Eunice Michalka, Ross Reid, Lucille Schmitt, Michael Sledge, Roger Svendsen, Bud Thomas


Member Excused Absence:  All other members had excused absences.


Others Present:  Jill Bennett (LarCo Planning Dept.)


Adoption of Agenda:  The agenda as distributed was adopted.


Approval of Minutes:  The minutes of March 13, 2008 were approved as written.



Ted discussed last year’s prescribed burn in the area.  The Forest Service (USFS) admits that the scorched trees will die but says it was intentional and good for the forest.  Next week property owners should receive notice of a meeting on May 13.  USFS is planning a burn on 6000 acres.

Lucille reported talking with County Forester Dave Lenz.  Replacement values on insurance policies may go down by 20% because of concerns with pine beetles and fire danger.

Ted will draft a letter to the County Commissioners, asking them to approach USFS with the community’s concerns about the planned burn.  The draft will be emailed to members for comments and approval before it is sent to the County.


Bud commented that some meetings were canceled early because of weather concerns and then conditions changed before the meeting.  He suggested not canceling meetings until the morning of the meeting.  After discussion the group decided to not change the current procedure.


Comments from the Audience:  None.


Action Items:  None


Discussion Items:

PAC continued the discussion of Community Pathways around strategies to “compel the County to legally describe roads and designate them as public right of way.”  PAC requested a copy of the road centerline map that was produced as part of the rural addressing project.  Jill will try to bring it to the next meeting.


The meeting adjourned at 3:10 PM.


The next regular meeting is May 8, 2008.