RED FEATHER LAKES PLANNING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
FIRE HOUSE MEETING ROOM
44 Fire House Lane, Red Feather Lake
January 14, 2010
The meeting was called to order at 1:35 p.m. by Chairperson Ted Carter.
Members in Attendance: Gene Allen, Gene Barker, Susan Bradley, Ted Carter, Terry Ferebee, Ross Reid, Lucille Schmitt, Michael Sledge, Roger Svendesen
Members Excused Absences: All other members had excused absences
Adoption of Agenda: All RFLPAC members approved the adoption of the agenda as corrected.
Approval of Minutes: All RFLPAC members approved the minutes from December 10, 2009.
Communications from Committee Members: None
Larimer County Representation: Rob Helmick, LARCO Planning
Guests Present: Stephen Johnson, Judy Viola, Pat Bradley, Terri Donnelly
Communications from County Representatives:
- Rob Helmick asked to confirm communication information from the PAC members.
- He also noted the new County Commissioner is Lew Gaiter,III.
- Rob reported that the County Commissioners want to make sure any possible grant funding for the roads survey is pursued, but indicated that if there was no grant funding available, it was possible for the county to provide funding. The funding issue should be settled by the end of the first quarter.
Action Items: Election of Officers
- Ted Carter was nominated for Chair by Terry F., seconded by Roger S., and was elected unanimously.
- Ross Reid was nominated by Michael S., seconded by Terry F., and was elected unanimously.
- Michael S. was nominated by Susan B., seconded by Lucille S., and elected unanimously.
- Marilyn Ramming, paid recording secretary, is resigning. It is important to have a recording secretary who is not a member of PAC because it is not possible to take minutes and, also, participate in the discussion.
- Several members of PAC offered monthly contributions to pay for a recording secretary. Notices will be posted announcing the position.
Comments from the Audience: Judy Viola reported that the Poudre School Board voted to amend policy governance and put the issue of RFL Elementary School closure before the entire School Board. The charge to the Feasibility Committee is limited to deciding the feasibility of busing children to the Livermore school. There is secondhand knowledge of the formation of the Poudre School District and a verbal agreement that the District would keep a school in Red Feather Lakes. A search is being made for anyone who has first hand knowledge and can confirm those events. It is still important to keep our concerns in the attention of the Feasibility Committee and the School Board.
A motion by Roger S., seconded by Lucille S., charged Michael S., (with input from Judy and Tom Viola) with writing a letter to the Feasibility Committee and the Poudre School Board before January 21.
Priorities for 2010 Work Program:
- Pine Beetle mitigation
- Obstacles to the viability/revitalization/sustainability of RFL
- Water/Sewer issues; protect recreational waters
- Road Maintenance/Districts
- Setbacks – limited discussion since this is an issue that is decided by the county
- Metro District
- Comparison of various types of districts, funding, etc.
RFLPAC meeting adjourned at 3:40 p.m.