MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2015
There were no meetings held on Monday, November 9, 2015.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2015
ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS MEETING
The Board of County Commissioners met at 9:00 a.m. with Linda Hoffman, County Manager. Chair Gaiter presided and Commissioners Johnson and Donnelly were present. Also present were: Donna Hart, Deni LaRue, and Jen Baker, Commissioners’ Office; Mark Peterson, Rusty McDaniel, and Suzette Mallette, Engineering Department; Mitch Lidner, Sheriff's Department; and Craig Dorn, Deputy Clerk.
Chair Gaiter opened the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT: There was no one present for public comment.
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 2, 2015:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Donnelly moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the minutes for the week of November 2, 2015, as presented.
Motion carried 3-0.
3. REVIEW OF THE SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 16, 2015: Ms. Hart reviewed the upcoming schedule with the Board.
4. CONSENT AGENDA:
M O T I O N
Commissioner Johnson moved that the Board of County Commissioners approve the consent agenda as outlined below:
11102015A001 INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN LARIMER COUNTY AND COLORADO COUNTY CORONERS FOR COLORADO COUNTY CORONERS AND MEDICAL EXAMINERS MUTUAL AID AND ASSISTANCE
11102015A002 BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS LARIMER COUNTY, COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS CONTRACT BY AND BETWEEN LARIMER COUNTY AND FLATIRON CONSTRUCTORS, INC.
11102015A003 AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN LARIMER COUNTY AND NELSON-NINE, LLC. CONCERNING FENCES IN PLATTED RIGHT-OF-WAY OF LARIMER COUNTY ROAD 9
11102015A004 DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN LARIMER COUNTY, NELSON-NINE, LLC. AND NATIVE HILLS OWNERS' ASSOCIATION; AND RESIDUAL LAND USE RESTRICTIONS FOR NATIVE HILLS R.L.U.P.
11102015A005 FY15 SECTORS NATIONAL EMERGENCY GRANT
11102015R001 RESOLUTION DECLARING LARIMER COUNTY PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT NO. 60 SMITHFIELD ORGANIZED
11102015R002 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE MOLESWORTH PLANNED DEVELOPMENT/PLANNED LAND DIVISION
11102015R003 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE AMENDED SALVATION ARMY SPECIAL REVIEW
11102015R004 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE CHILSON SECOND REZONING
11102015R005 SPECIAL REVIEW FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE PETITION OF GALLEGOS RECYCLING
11102015R006 FINDINGS AND RESOLUTION APPROVING THE BROOMFIELD LOT SIZE APPEAL
11102015R007 RESOLUTION FOR STATUTORY VESTED RIGHTS FOR NATIVE HILLS RURAL LAND USE PLAN
MISCELLANEOUS: Native Hills Rural Land Use Plan Final Plat.
LIQUOR LICENSES: The following licenses were approved and/or issued: The Dunraven Inn – Hotel and Restaurant – Estes Park; Golf Club at Fox Acres – Hotel and Restaurant with Optional Premise – Red Feather Lakes; Western Ridge Restaurant and Resort – Hotel and Restaurant – Livermore; Hideout Patio Restaurant and Bar – Tavern – Fort Collins.
Motion carried 3-0.
5. COMMENTS FROM COMMISSIONERS' GUESTS: There were no guests present for comment.
6. Temporary Mill Levy for Road and Bridge: Ms. Mallette addressed the Board regarding the Temporary Mill Levy designed to provide fiscal support for improvements along the I-25 corridor. CDOT is applying for a federal grant to replace three bridges on I-25, Cache la Poudre, Big Thompson, and Little Thompson and to commence repairs on the Saint Vrain Bridge. The grant funds will require a local match between $15 and $18 million. Larimer County will temporarily adjust the Mill Levy between the general fund and the road and bridge fund to generate additional revenue to provide a portion of the local match.
Ms. Mallette met with all member communities concerning the project and received wide ranging support for the concept. They are asking for collaboration from all communities. Once that has been established an intergovernmental agreement would follow.
Chair Gaiter thanked Ms. Mallette and Commissioner Donnelly for spearheading this project. Commissioner Donnelly stated he is impressed with the eight municipalities that convened in Larimer County to create the proposal. Commissioner Donnelly further commented that over the last ten years these communities have improved several bridges, laying the foundation for a widening project to proceed. Commissioner Donnelly then read the resolution aloud. Commissioner Johnson stated that this is a much needed project and unfortunately has been delayed due to lack of funding. Commissioner Johnson also noted that it is a great accomplishment and will make a significant difference bringing I-25 to a functional level again.
M O T I O N
Commissioner Donnelly moved that the Board of County Commissioners accept the resolution for a shift in funds from the Mill Levy General Fund to the Mill Levy Road and Bridge Fund.
Motion carried 3-0.
11102015R008 A RESOLUTION OF SUPPORT FOR THE USE OF LARIMER COUNTY MILL LEVY FUNDS FOR INTERSTATE 25 (I-25) IMPROVEMENTS
The meeting recessed at 9:35 a.m.
7. WORKSESSION: Ms. Hoffman updated the Board on various projects and activities. Ms. Hoffman then asked Mr. McDaniel and Mr. Petersen to address the Board concerning road construction still underway in the northwest region of Fort Collins. Mr. McDaniel proceeded to review current projects underway and future plans for construction in 2016.
Some conversation ensued over the duration of time required for past projects. Chair Gaiter asked Ms. Hoffman to schedule in a Worksession with Mr. McDaniel and Mr. Peterson to go over the logistics of shortening the construction time on future projects.
Commissioner Donnelly commented that this is always a hard season for construction and mentioned some previous projects and improvements that have significantly helped the community. Chair Gaiter also spoke of past projects and extended his thanks to the crews involved.
8. COMMISSIONER ACTIVITY REPORTS: The Board reviewed their activities during the previous week.
9. LEGAL MATTERS: There were no legal matters for discussion.
There being no further business, the Board adjourned at 10:05 a.m.
LEW GAITER III
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
CLERK AND RECORDER
Craig Dorn, Deputy Clerk